Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Just got an email from Aaron on some specifics.

Meals - We have ordered your breakfast supplies and it will be ready for you when you get there.

Teens - Here is probably why the kids want to be separated. The distinction between Jr High and Sn High is somewhat significant in the States, but even more so here. The Jr High are usually living at home and doing all the games and activities with the elementary kids. The Sr High is usually going to the boarding school, having to make a lot of grown up decisions and hanging out with their peers and adults. However, I am for combining them where we can and think the activities would probably be better with more kids. I’ll be ready to run some things by you on Monday when you get here.

Boat project - I bought the last of the fiberglass resin (it is chopped strand) in Kokopo. It was 30 meters by a meter wide. If you think we will need any more than that I can see if they can get it in.

Motel in Au - I know that you have to leave the airport (clear customs, collect our luggage, leave the terminal), but I don’t know if we can’t go to the departure terminal early. We could try to leave the arrival terminal and go up to the departure terminal. I don’t think it would be closed though it is pretty dead real early in the morning. If that doesn’t work and we don’t have reservations, we could be in a pinch. There are lots of hotels though, but it just may mean taking more time and not going as smooth. We could always try to find a 24hr McDonalds. Either way I am fine, I am more considered about the team after all their travel and a hard week 2 weeks of work. Hoskins did just get VSat up and going so reservations online would not be a problem.

Bedding - I am checking on the mattresses and will let you know. Hoskins will be less of a threat since the houses are sealed a little better and they do spray for mosquitoes, but nets are available and not a bad idea.

Trailer - I still have the welding sticks from the last time you all came. I can check around for a welder. We are open to having it fixed, but I think the wheels would also need replaced if we did it. The big problem is that we can’t back the trailer down into the water far enough to put the boat on it without getting the truck in the water and we don’t want to put the truck to close to the water because of all the problems we are having with it. So even with the trailer fixed we will have some tricks to get it being used.

Soldering pen - A small pen for soldering house wire and small connections. Right now I can use a candle, but it is not very convenient.